Wednesday, January 20, 2010

REVIEW: My own Hatch Picadillo

When Tommy was ill and had his major operation in Albuquerque, NM, Tia Bea; Tia Geri; Tia Marylou; Tia Gloria and other various relations made us supper that very long day. Apparently all the Montoya's are excellent cooks.  Even by relation. My cousin Joe Jr.'s wife Manin made the picadillo and I have had fantasies about it ever since.  That was circa 2005.  In fact I still dream about that entire meal.  It was THAT good.

Found this recipe for Picadillo last summer @ HEB Central Market during their Hatch Green Chile Festival.  Thought I'd give it a try still always knowing that I could never match Manin's Picadillo.

This recipe was just OK.  I will not make it again.

2.4 Stars out of 5


Posted via email from FoodAndHowToEat: It.

No comments:

Post a Comment